All seven projects funded in BlueBio's 2nd Additional Call were present at the online kick-off meeting in the beginning of February. The main objective was for the projects to give a short presentation to exchange ideas and give a sense of togetherness. The projects also received information on the timeline and follow-up of the projects, information on the consortium itself, how Human Capacity Building, communication and ethics assessment will be followed up and the plans for activities that will promote networking between all BlueBio funded projects.
Seven projects were selected for funding and a fact sheet for each project can be found on the BlueBio website.
The seven projects funded in the call are:
- BIVALVI: Advancing European bivalve production systems
- EUFish_SustainableGrowth: European fisheries enhancement through "omic" characterization and innovative seafood production from underutilised fish species
- ImPrESsiVE: Improved processing to enhance seafood sidestream valorisation and exploration
- BIORAS_SHRIMP: Improvement and innovation of a BIO-secure Recirculating Aquaculture System for shrimp and additional biomass circular prodution
- RightFish: Reducing enviromental impact and greenhouse gas emission in commercial fisheries
- BlueGreenFeed: Synergy of blue and green sectors for resilient biomass production and processing to develop sustainable feed ingredients for European aquaculture
- Seasoil: Value creation and ecosystem services of European seaweed industry by reducing and handling potentially toxic elements from breeding to soil