- The main task will be to assist in the organisation and preparation running and follow-up of the JPI Oceans Forum taking place in April 2020 in Brussels. The Forum aims to bring together diverse stakeholders to engage and discuss the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda of JPI Oceans. Forum participants will be invited to provide direct feedback, reflect on priorities, and identify potential future joint actions.
- Organization of meetings and workshops.
- Update the JPI Oceans website (both in terms of content as well as functionality)
- Assist in communication and outreach activities (social media, newsletter, presentations, brochures etc.)
- A degree or relevant experience in Marine or Maritime Sciences, Political science, International Relations, European Studies, International Law, Communication or related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Knowledge of French and other European languages is an asset.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility and initiative
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Drupal and/or Adobe Indesign is an asset
- Interest in national and EU research policy and marine and maritime research
JPI Oceans offers:
- The opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic multi-cultural team
- Be part of our dynamic, small Brussels-based team of highly skilled co-workers
- Immersion into the European research & innovation and science-policy processes
Please send a maximum one-page letter outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the position, together with your CV to Willem De Moor (email@example.com) by 1 December 2019, whom you may also contact in case you have questions.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- 4-6 months duration
- Renumeration: € 796,90 under the Belgian contract ‘Convention d’Insertion Professionnelle’
- Reimbursements: Public transport costs will also be reimbursed.
Location: Rue du Trône 4, 1000 Brussels